Monday, April 28, 2014

Make It Monday - 2 Autumn Cards

Were you excited when you saw the preview on Saturday? I couldn't believe how cute they turned out. I plan on sharing another card I made using a Jack N Jill set soon. The goal of my Make it Mondays is simply to work on increasing my stock or other business ventures for the upcoming fair/sale season. Feel free to use the search bar to the right to search for my previous Make it Monday posts.

Before I go any further, please be aware that I am not a professional card maker. I am not a consultant. I make cards because I like to and as a beginner. This tutorial is at a beginner level.

This week is 2 in one! Yep, using the same stamps and same paper I am creating two different looks. Here's the preview: 



Material List
  • White cardstock
  • Brown cardstock
  • Cream cardstock
  • Colorbok Luxe Designer Paper
  • Jack N Jill Stamp set - by Prima Marketing
  • Autumn Sentiment stamp set - by Inkadinkado
  • StazOn Ink pad in Timber Brown
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Walnut Stain
  • Pop Dots
  • Snail glue - or whatever adhesive you want to use
  • Gold Glitter Ribbon
  • Scotch tape

As you can see in the photo above, there are two different sizes of cards. I will post the dimensions for each card.

Card one - Side Open
Dimensions of card cut and folded - 5 1/2 x 4
Mat in brown - 5 1/4 x 3 3/4
Designer paper mat - 5 x 3 1/2
(This card was cut in half on the long side. Almost, I do not have a cutter that breaks down further than 1/4.)

Card two - Top Open
Dimensions of card cut and folded - 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Mat in brown - 5 1/4 x 4
Designer paper mat - 5 x 3 3/4
(This card was cut in half on the short side.)

Stamp Mats In brown
For Jill - 3 1/4 x 1 1/2
Sentiment - 1 1/4 x 2 1/2

Stamp Mats in cream
For Jill - 3 x 1 1/4
Sentiment - 1 x 2 1/4

First, I gathered all the materials together so I did not have to struggle to find something. I cut the cards and mats at the same time. 

*Note: My cutter is a little weird and leaves fibers on the sides of the cuts, so I trim when I see issues. My dimensions do change when I trim. 


After cutting the mats, Cut the ribbon and used two pieces of tape and attached the ribbon to the side open card.


You can see how I accomplished that in this photo.


Add the designer paper to the brown cardstock mats by using snail glue.

Not pictured: Stamp the images to the cream cardstock and attached them with snail glue to their respective mats.


In this photo, I was attempting to figure out where I wanted the images to sit. You can change the layout to fit what you want.


Attach the backings to the card base.


Add pop dots to each of the stamped images.


Place them in the correct position.


Stamp a secondary sentiment inside the card. This is optional, but I think it matches the card.


I did not notice until afterwards that the sentiment inside matches the choice of ribbon, but it goes well together!
 


What do you think of this week's Make it Monday?

Card making is so versatile! I found it easy to create two similar cards with one set of materials. Yet, they look different and appeal to a different set of people. I would love to see any photos or creations you make from this tutorial. You can share them via email at smchatton.writer@gmail.com or on my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/DandeCreations. Who knows! You may find your creation (with your permission of course) on the Share it Saturday post.

Happy Crafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment