Monday, April 7, 2014

Where I live

I was beginning to think as I reflected on the veggies we planted today about how my location is a bit of a mystery to the reader! Now, normally I would love to keep that part of me hidden. But, in the scheme of the coming year, I wanted to mention where I live.

Nestled in the valleys of the Great Smoky Mountain is a little town most people just drive through to get to a tourist spot. Each little home are individuals who more than likely had ancestors that grew up, thrived, and died here.  Here...well that is in Cosby, TN.


This beautiful area is home to some of the most diverse plant life (causing major allergies) and also where I call home. After 8 years living a more nomadic life with my sailor of a husband, we settled back down in the place I have always called home. Each morning we wake to see mountains in the distance. Animals weave in and out of the National park. Deer hop across the road. And we live in a more tranquil environment with beauty abounding.

This past winter was a bit more bitter and brutal than it has been in a while, but I am sure happy that I can get out and try to grow more. We usually do not get out to enjoy this amazing view due to tourists and traffic; however, we sometimes grab a creamsicle and head up on the Foothills Parkway to take in the breathtaking views!

Have you been to East TN?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment