Sunday, April 13, 2014

Inky Rainbows

A few months ago when I decided to try paper crafting, I found a technique I was interested in trying. It involved pigment ink, a dauber, a white wax crayon, a stamp, and a piece of white card stock. The idea was that you stamped a certain image onto the white card stock and used the white crayon to cover up the area you did not want colored. I tried with an owl stamp. I covered up the face and began rubbing the stamp with purple and yellow ink. I found that the ink did not quite work as well as I thought. The purple bled and the yellow did not.

What I realized is that I REALLY enjoy the technique without using the crayon. I began experimenting with just a piece of white card stock and pigment ink. The result was a great, bright background. Here's some examples:



If you would like a photo tutorial, let me know!

Do you have any unique techniques involving ink?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment