Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What am I working on....

We made the decision to try to sell this fall at our local market and start working on building up stock to participate in future craft fairs. So this morning, I went through what I had already made and packaged to make a list of what I need to make. Anyone who has done this knows how daunting it can be - the inventory and the lack of inventory.

Yes, I know it is April. But, I started working on Fall/Christmas stock because some of them are a) easy to make, b) great in between project fillers, and c) a little elaborate. Yesterday, I posted that I was struggling with what to do next, so I started on something I enjoy - ornaments. My goal is a bit on the larger side, but that's okay. Better to shoot for the moon than shoot for just a few feet in the air.

I wanted to start small because it was late in the night. This is what I did last night:

Christmas Stocking Ornament in Dark Orchid

This morning, after inventory I chose to do my own pattern - Medallion Christmas Ornaments. I ended up developing two other sizes, which I might release as a e-book closer to Christmas! Today, I do not plan on actually creating the medallions by sewing them together. I am just making the sides. I've gotten 4 sets of sides done so far - with many interruptions!


Aren't they lovely? The coloring is off, but they are red and green. I plan on making many colors and having some for purchase in my Etsy shop closer to Christmas.

What are you working on today?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment