Saturday, April 26, 2014

Share it Saturday - African Flower

While the day has been brilliantly bright with sun and color, our little home has been filled with miserable and highly frustrated allergy suffers! Our little town is situated at the base of the Smoky Mountains, so each Spring we are faced with waves and waves of pollen. I am not sure why I started to crochet African Flower Motifs, but I did.


This beautiful motif has been worked into many different shapes, but these colors scream out to me to be the sweetest and pinkest baby blanket! I have a two and a half year old niece that is going through some troubling times, so I might just create a toddler version and give it to her.

It is always surprising that I declared yesterday that today would be a lazy day, but I have worked on so much it cannot be constituted as a "lazy" day. I still have to step out into the cloud of pollen to water my veggies. At least the pollen has not kept away tourists. Gatlinburg is humming again!

What are you doing with your weekend?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment