Saturday, April 19, 2014

Share it Saturday - Upcoming project

This week I thought I would give a preview of what I will be doing for my next Make it Monday project. I saw this idea on Pinterest recently and wanted to give it a try. For a few years, I have been a big supporter of giving ornaments for Christmas. Last year I gave mittens and my Medallion ornament to most of my family members as a handmade sentiment for the season. This year, I do have similar plans to provide handmade ornaments; however, I have not decided quite what I want to do.

As I prepare for Fall, I know that I need and want to add Christmas ornaments to the roster. (The list gets longer each day.) When I saw this pin, I thought...well that is a relatively easy project that looks adorable in the tree. So, I tried it. The pin did not include a tutorial as the blog just contained multiple pictures. So going with a rough idea, I created a cute version.

Here's the preview!


Can you guess what it is?

Now, I wanted to provide a material list.


  • glue gun
  • glue sticks
  • popsicle sticks - at least 9 (8 for sled and 1 just in case)
  • scissors
  • paint of choice - I am going to use some brown I have sitting aside
  • paint brush
  • scrap paper or newspaper
  • twine/yarn/ribbon

I have not decided what I am going to use for hanging, but I will decide before Monday. One thing I have seen is that this project is easily transformed so children can join in. Instead of hot glue, you could use Elmer's or similar glue. The drying time would just be greater.

The goal for me was a quick, simple project that make a good end product and obviously, a great ornament. I hope you visit on Monday to see how to put this together!

What are your crafting plans this weekend?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment