Saturday, December 13, 2014

Saturday's Christmas Craft - What Do You Do With Scraps?

When I think about my year as a crafter, I realize that I have untold amount of scraps all over the craft room (and perhaps the house). That includes yarn, ribbon, paper, and sequins. Everything I have used has some sort of scraps. Without being wasteful, I squirrel them away in hopes I can use them in a future project. And sometimes, that "future" doesn't come. So as I was thinking about what I had and what type of things I can make with them, my mind fell on the paper scraps that keep piling up.

Now, I am sure those who exclusively do cards have a larger pile of scraps than I do, but what I have is enough for many of today's craft. Several of them! I realize that I am just getting started. Would you like to see what you can do with your scraps in time for Christmas and able to make many at once?


Yep! Bookmarks! All shapes. All sizes. And in varying patterns. Take a look.









I spent about a hour (including the time it took to search) completing 13 bookmarks with scraps. I only used one new sheet of paper to match the deep purple pattern paper as I didn't have any scraps. This time also included finding my laminating paper and laminator to make these bookmarks last.

Who would have thought? It is one of the most stressful times of the year for crafters and here I found a great way to destash and enjoy a few quick projects.

I do not have any specifications for these bookmarks. It literally depended on the size and shape of the scrap paper. Allow your imagination to soar. If you want to add something else to this, use a hole punch at the top and add some ribbon.

What are you working on this Saturday?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment