Monday, December 15, 2014

12 Weeks of Christmas - Week 11 Reveal

Since snowflakes are my favorite holiday symbol, I was so pleased to share Simply Sweet's snowflake pattern. I found it so quick and easy. There is no issue with being able to crochet multiple ones in a hour. I have crocheted them in dark blue, pale blue, and white, but you do not have to stop there. If you have a red tree and want red snowflakes, go for it! This time, I did crochet the snowflake in white.

Here's the photo:


The only changes I made was to add a holder. Like all my previous hangers, I usually ch 16 and sl st in the same stitch.

You can use a glue mixture to stiffen and glitter it if you wish. You would just soak the snowflakes in the glue mixture and pin it to a piece of board. There are plenty of tutorials on stiffening yarn and string ornaments. I personally do not care if the snowflake isn't stiff.

We have just one more week. I have a treat and a gift for each of you. Please stay tuned for Week 12 for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment