Monday, December 8, 2014

12 Weeks of Christmas - Week 10 Reveal

If you are like me, the week before Thanksgiving everything tends to get much busier. You find yourself running around attempting to accomplish last minute things like buying gifts, making cookies, packaging gifts, and cleaning. So when I decided to do this holiday countdown, I knew that the ornaments I wanted near the end of the countdown needed to be simple and quick. What that led me to was creating a few new patterns myself to offer. It wasn't a hard job as I love to create and design new things.

What inspired this pattern was the wreath we created in Week 8 and a few doll hair patterns I have seen. Who doesn't enjoy the thought of bouncy swirls? Okay...maybe there is a few of you. That's why it also doubles as an icicle in an abstract sort of way.

This last weekend has been a bit crazy. Holiday shopping. A Christmas party. Preparing for another Christmas party. In the midst of all that, I forced (without any reluctant behavior) to sit and prepare some of these for my own tree and for my mother. Here are the results:

Simple and to the point, this is a no thought, no focus pattern. What I love about it is that it falls down in a bit of a cascade. Here's some pictures.



This pattern will be used in 2015 for a doll pattern here at Dande Creations. Look for it soon.

We have only 2 weeks left. It's crazy to think that we are only a few weeks away from 2015. Get your hook ready for Week 11 and 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment