Sunday, December 14, 2014

Another Scrappy Project - Stacie Granny Square Blanket

In the early hours of the night, I was freezing and decided to start a project. What started out as a blanket set for Barbie, Skipper, and Stacie ended up with just one...for Stacie...because it's granny square. LOL! I started with white and yellow yarn to create small, one row granny squares. I chose a G hook to make them as small as my hands could handle.

I will admit readily that I have never accomplished a granny square project the last thirteen years of crocheting. I will also readily admit that I may not ever do one again after I attached 15 small granny squares and weaved in the ends. LOL! That was so much work for just a tiny little blanket. It looks entirely cute, but geez...so...much....work.

The size is 5 x 3 with two rows of granny around it.


Before the edging.


Finished with edging.


As you can see, the Stacie doll I am using is one of the modern Stacies. She is taller than the older dolls. So using this method will fit any Stacie doll, past and present. Middle of the night project does equal less than optimal pictures, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment