Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Ball Reveal

In Week 12, I offered up a free pattern for a Christmas ball with a mention that it was inspired by a certain animated character. My roommate absolutely adores the movie this character is in, but I have always been leery about posting the finished products involving inspirations of certain characters. I have read too many horror stories about how companies who trademark suck the fun out of this art. Since this is not up for sale and just an artistic expression for my household only, I am going to show what I crocheted using my Christmas Ball pattern (offered on Week 12). The only addition to the pattern was a little bit more yarn and some puffy paint.


Look how stinkin' adorable that little guy is. Obviously, this is not a true representation of the character as it was inspired. At the end of the day, I know the receiver will enjoy this little ornament. There has been many ideas floating into my mind about how to customize this Christmas ball pattern for whatever receiver you wish. Ella inspired. Mouse inspired. You name it, you can probably create one.

So if you are interested, feel free to experiment. Don't forget to share with me on Ravelry through your projects. I would LOVE to see what you make with my patterns.


No comments:

Post a Comment