Friday, December 19, 2014

A Soapy Preparation

For the last few weeks, my nimble little fingers have been working to the bone to create the gifts that I want to give my family members at our annual holiday party. You have been seeing updates on my blog since I am almost sure that no one from my family reads my blog. I am very thankful that this year my whole family is not going to be in attendance or I would have to spend the next four days running around like a chicken with her head cut off. This year has been wonderful so far. Despite just a few purchased gifts, everything else is homemade. We are making some caramel popcorn and cookie dough for each family that is coming. They will also receive a family sled ornament as seen on my blog.

For my younger nieces, I made them a Barbie dress and a treat bag.

For my older nieces, I made them some chocolate chip cookie dough soap and a bookmark.

For my older nephew, I am buying him some guitar stuff.

For my baby nephew (only 2 months old), I am unsure as of right now. I might buy him something, but he is so little.

Either way, the soap is something I slung together today. It was a melt and pour glycerin soap. I cut up the base for two batches. The first one I melted down and poured the chocolate chip cookie dough scent into. I used the plastic containers I had lying around which happened to be a sour cream container and a yogurt container. Since one of my "older" nieces is just about to turn 10, I made her soap a little smaller.

The second batch of soap I made in death by chocolate. Both of them smelled so heavenly. What I did was let them set for a few hours until they firmed up. Then I pushed and pulled on the plastic until the soap popped out. I was so proud of the results being as it was my first time making soap. I opted out of the alcohol spray as my family didn't care. I was lucky to only have a few bubbles show on the bottom of the soap.

Are you ready to see some pictures? Because I sure am ready to show you.


One small chocolate chip cookie dough and one small death by chocolate


Two death by chocolate


One chocolate chip cookie dough


Here they are together!

The only problem I had was that the yogurt container had a recycle symbol on the bottom, so I had to try to smooth the majority of it away. The large ones came out perfect and look almost professional. LOL! My roommate suggested it was time to start selling soap, which is something I have turned over in my head multiple times.


Happy Crafting,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment