Saturday, January 31, 2015

Another Scrappy Saturday - Pigment Ink Bookmarks

Last Scrappy Saturday, I showed you how to embellish your bookmarks with some ribbon. The bookmarks shown in that post is what we are accomplishing today. I made these bookmarks before Christmas because they were a gift for two of my nieces. They fit into the theme of our week. Inspire Your Heart with Art.


The stamp used in these bookmarks is a flower with tons of hearts. Plus, I used the same technique as shown in Make it Monday! So you could easily make these two projects together and give a nice gift to someone who could use a pick me up.

Materials
Paper cutter or scissors
Ruler
Pen (if you don't use a paper cutter with a ruler attached)
Purple card stock
White card stock
A sheet of white copy paper
Sponge Daubers
Pigment ink
A stamp if you want that
StazOn Jet Black ink (for stamp)
Acrylic block (for stamp)
Roller Tape

1. Begin by cutting the purple card stock to 2 -    bookmarks. This is your backing piece.

2. Next, cut two bookmark mats from one piece of card stock at

3. With the scrap piece of white paper, lightly tape your bookmark mats down to hold them in place.

4. With your dauber, ink it up with the colors of your choice. I used pink, purple, and a green.


5. In a circular motion, begin daubing your ink onto the bookmark mat. Blending the ink as you go.






6. When you have finished, this is what they look like.


7. Next cut two pieces of white card stock to match the stamp size you are using. I do this two ways. I either stamp the image on a piece of card stock and cut them out. Or I cut two pieces of card stock and stamp, and then cut the excess. I do not measure this part because you may not have the same stamp I am using and need to use another. Just remember to use a stamp that will fit on your bookmark size!


8. Using Staz-on Jet Black ink, stamp your image onto the two pieces of card stock.



9. Using tape, adhere them onto the bookmark mat. I did a centered one and an off centered one.



10. Now flip your bookmark mats over and put tape on them. You can see the scrap piece I used on the left! Adhere them to your bookmark base.


And you are done!


Now, you can laminate these bookmarks if you wish or add ribbon like shown last weekend. I did laminate these like I do all my bookmarks. It extends their life.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment