Sunday, February 1, 2015

Revealing the Theme - Chocolate

Okay! That's it. Let's be 100% honest. The chocolate holiday is coming up. I don't call it love because love is about more than just one day in a commercialized holiday. So, the whole essence of V-day for me really stems with an enjoyment for chocolate. Do those individuals around me love me? Yep! I know it all year. I don't need a day to show it......but chocolate, I do need a day to love. In this case, a whole week to love chocolate here at Dande Creations.

If you haven't noticed it yet, this week's theme is CHOCOLATE!

Perhaps my love of chocolate comes down to biological issues or the fact that I grew up in the 80s where chocolate was not just a treat, but a way of life. Who can resist the great mouth feel after eating chocolate or the mood boosting aspect?

Okay....there are some people out there that do resist, but I am not you and you aren't me. And it takes an awful lot of will power to resist.

Without a doubt, I absolutely love Dove Milk Chocolate. I would eat it every day, but well....it isn't healthy. And while I may have a weakness for chocolate of any kind, I do have to think about the ramifications of eating chocolate in my 30s.

So back to crafting. I would LOVE to tell you that this week is only a prelude to the calorie inducing aspect of chocolate, but I can't. I am doing a special edition of Make it Monday where I actually craft something with chocolate - the real kind. I promise that the rest of the week is dedicated to chocolate "colors" in crafts instead of the actual thing.

Here's the material list for Make it Monday:

A pot
A cupcake tin
A glass bowl
2 tablespoon
Paper cupcake holders
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter (I used two heaping tablespoons.)
1/8 cup of powdered sugar
1 tbsp of butter - softened
2 tsp Crisco (optional - it provides shine)


As you probably guessed, this is an actual food crafting session here at Dande Creations. It is part of my potentially new idea - The Candy Corner. I will readily admit that I am a chocolate and candy type of girl. I love to bake. And the guys truly love when I do bake. So, as part of 2015 I may provide special editions of Make it Monday as The Candy Corner. I can't wait to share this week with you.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment