Monday, January 12, 2015

Make it Monday - A Pillowy Project

Make it Monday was a very popular event in 2014, so I decided to bring it back. It fits SO well with the weekly theme idea I am presenting for 2015 here at Dande Creations. Not only does it provide a central concept, but it provides me with multiple ways to craft in the coming year. I am very much looking forward to it. And I hope you are too.

I announced yesterday that the weekly theme is Barbie. I am sorry for those of you who have boys! I know I tend to create curly, girly, and frilly things here at Dande Creations. I am working to expand my patterns to more types of things. I promise!

To start our week, I am providing a new free pattern to my blog and my pattern stores. The first of many that I plan on releasing in 2015. Like all of my other Barbie patterns, I have not tested them on other 12 inch fashion dolls. I am pretty sure they will not fit on any Monster High dolls. What they do fit on is the belly button Barbies and the old fashioned Barbies. If there is any change or restrictions to the pattern, it will be presented at the start in the notes.

Thankfully, there is NO need to measure Barbie or worry about which one this pattern will fit. It is not even for "dressing" her. It is for her bedroom.

It's..............a pillow!





Yep! In the coming weeks, a full bedroom suite pattern book will be released with this pillow pattern, the pillow slip/case, some accent pillows, a ruffle blanket, and more. I will also include a post with a description of some of the ways to create cheap Barbie beds without having to purchase a set from the store.

*Note* In the future, this pattern will be posted on an individual page that can be accessed by the right navigation panel under the Free Patterns section.

Now, on to the pattern.


Materials
Size G hook
Scissors
Yarn needle
Fiberfil
Small amount of yarn
Stitch marker (optional)

Abbreviation List
st = stitch
sts = stitches
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch

Notes
This is in U.S. terminology.

Pattern
Pillow
(make 2)
Ch 11
Row 1: In 2nd st, sc. Sc across, ch 1, turn (10)
Row 2-7: sc in each st, ch 1, turn (10)
Fasten off

Finishing

Holding two together, sc in each st. Each corner receives (sc, ch 1, sc). When close to finishing, fill with fiberfil. Finish sc. Sl st to beginning sc. Weave in ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment