Thursday, January 29, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Pigment Ink Art

When I first got into card making, I bought a die cut machine and made shapes with a little bit of stamping. As time progressed, I began finding that I preferred stamping to the die-cut. What that led to was the use of pigment inks to create the "tie-dye" affect. I found it fun to create this type of background layer for cards. Here's some cards I have made using this technique:




If you are wondering how to do this, you need pigment ink and some type of dauber. I bought similar daubers and ink to those pictured below.



 I prefer to use card stock for my projects, but many others use photo paper to get a more blended effect. If you are interested, please look at youtube to see some of the wonderful artists who use these types of techniques. You would be amazed! I know that I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment