Saturday, January 24, 2015

Another Scrappy Saturday - Ribbon and Bookmarks - Photo Heavy

Okay! You may have noticed that I have been making a lot of bookmarks in the last few months. *shifty eyes* I do not have a problem. I promise. LOL! But, I do have a lot of nieces, nephews, sisters, cousins, and such who love to read and who I needed to make gifts for. This week's bookmarks made on Monday were lacking the ribbon part. So I wanted to use some scrap ribbon to add some.

On one trip to my local Dollar Tree, I found some beautiful gossamer pink ribbon. It sparkles! It was the closest color I could find in my stash that relatively matched the color scheme of the tie-dyed bookmarks. So I decided to give it a try. Here's a quick tutorial on adding ribbon to your bookmarks.

*Note* This post contains a sneak peak into next week's Scrappy Saturday project!

Materials
Finished bookmark
Hole punch (standard size)
Ribbon


1. Punch a hole near the top of the bookmark. In the photo below, you can see that I punched one slightly higher than the other. I found that it looked better in the end product, but both still look really good.




2. Take ribbon and fold it in half. With the ends, fold them in half and half again. It should be able to fit into the hole.


3. Insert the ribbon into the hole from the back of the bookmark.


4. Pull the ribbon until half of both ends are on each side.


5. Insert the ends of the ribbon through the loop.




6. Now pull tight. Cut the ribbon to a shorter length if you wish.


Here's the finished product. Two bookmarks with gossamer ribbon for my two older nieces.




Now that you have a tutorial on how to add ribbon to your bookmarks, you can effectively add ribbon to any project similar to this.

Wishing you a happy crafting day,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment