Sunday, January 25, 2015

Revealing the Theme - Inspire your Heart with Art

Art has always been a part of my life, but sometimes we look at art as something you have to find in a museum and created by historic figures like Monet or Michelangelo. The true definition of art is an expression of human creative skill or imagination that produces works to be appreciated for their beauty of emotional power. We, as humans, have come to think of art as something valuable. And sometimes that makes us forget that art comes in various mediums, crafts, and values.

Take something like this:


This is my first "Shape Buddy." The pattern has not been developed further, but may come out in the future. Look at it's eyes. They are off center and very crooked. The mouth is strange. The arms and legs are not matching exactly. Yet, I created it. I spent my time and effort imagining and crafting this little guy. I am proud of him. He is unique. But someone like Monet or Michelangelo would never claim that this is art. Even people who study art would say this is a craft.

Yet, but the very definition of art: I created something inspired by imagination which is appreciated by me and my nieces for the comfort it brings. It is art.

When I really look at the crafting I accomplish, I see art in it all. Effort. Imagination. Cunning. And every emotion is put into every single piece.

So this week is designated to Inspire your Heart with Art.

You can take this literal like I have done. Or you can take it as abstract as you wish by only crafting what you love and have passion for this week. 

Here's the list of materials for tomorrow's project:

Materials
Paper cutter or scissors
Ruler
Pen (if you don't use a paper cutter with a ruler attached)
One card base
One main color (backing)
A sheet of white card stock
A sheet of white copy paper.
Sponge Daubers
Pigment ink
A stamp if you want that
StazOn Jet Black ink (for stamp)
Acrylic block (for stamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment