Thursday, February 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday - A Teddy Bear for a Friend

One of my husband's long term friends enjoys the things I make with crochet. When I asked her what her favorite color was, she didn't seem surprised that I asked. What did surprise her was that I decided to crochet her a teddy bear in that color. It wasn't planned. I wasn't expecting anything in return, as I hardly do.

What it gave me is the happiness and joy at seeing someone else enjoy something I gave to them. It could be food. It could be a hobby project. It could be something I made. It doesn't matter what it is. What matters is that I took time, effort, and love creating something that someone else will love through time.

Although I have many instances of this in my arsenal, I chose this teddy bear because it is an adorable teddy and because it shows no planning. It was a spur of the moment decision. And like that, a Random Act of Kindness was born. Here's the finished product:


Isn't he a cutie? You can find the pattern at these links:
PDF - http://gosyo.co.jp/english/pattern/eHTML/ePDF/1004/amicomo3-34_Amigurumi_Bear.pdf
Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-bear-2
Gosyo - http://gosyo.co.jp/english/pattern/eHTML/toy_ornament.html

Please note that this pattern does seem like it is just a diagram, but there is numbers in a table that provide the stitch count. This is not a beginner pattern unless you want to jump feet first into learning things like this. It is relatively easy to understand if you know about stitches, increases, and decreases.

What is one of your RAK?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment