Monday, February 9, 2015

Make it Monday - V-day Cards

Yep! You read that right. Cards! I recently purchased two paper packs. One is 6 x 6 paper and one is 4 x 7 paper. They have no particular theme which makes them perfect for everyday card making. I was inspired when I found three pieces of "heart" papers inside. There was one more that was blue and green, but it remained unused. It would work perfectly for a more "manly" love card. I may make one since I have two men in my life that I love and who I appreciate.

These cards are pretty fast. Once you get the hang of making cards, they come together very quickly. Cut all the mats at once. And have everything at hand. You do NOT need a lot of things to accomplish professional looking cards. I do not have much in the way of stamping materials, but I do purchase some every once in a while. Think outside the box!

Let's get to the project.

Materials
Paper cutter
Scissors
Roller tape
Pop dots
Ribbon
Glitter tape
White card stock for card bases
Red and Pink card stock for Layer 1
Pattern paper for layer 2
Small amount of white card stock for stamps
Love themed stamps
Small amount of red and pink card stock for stamp mat
Rhinestones

Here's the dimensions

Card - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 when folded. Meaning 8 1/2 x 11 card stock cut in half.
Layer 1 - 4 x 5 1/4
Layer 2 - 3 3/4 x 5

I used 1 red Layer 1 and 2 pink layer 1. I also used three different Layer 2 pattern papers. All of them have a love/heart theme. I used 1 red stitch ribbon measured to around 12 inches. I used 2 pieces of glitter tape measured at 4 and 5 inches. The stamping I measured as I did it. This will vary for you based on the stamp you used.



Here's the first mat completed. This is the red version with red heart pattern paper and stitched red ribbon. 



This shows the pop dots I used to put the stamp on the mat.


Here's the finished product.

Because the layers and bases of this card are the same, I am not going to show the other three cards being made. I am going to show you the finished versions. So here's the other two cards.


(Prima Stamp)


(Sentiment Stamp)



These cards were fun to make and suit my "love" of pink. What are you crafting for V-day?

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment