Monday, February 16, 2015

New Changes

I started this year with the intention of having every week filled with posts, and two months in that can't happen. It was a great set of intentions, but we all know that life gets in the way of that sometimes. If you do not know it, I graduated college a few months ago with the intention of focusing on my writing career. I have always written something, but it wasn't until December of 2014 that I became published. It is a huge source of pride for me. One that makes me so happy. And something that I want to cultivate.

As any crafter will know, sometimes we have to put our hobbies aside to proceed with life as we want. And that is what I am doing. That does not mean I won't be posting. In fact, in the coming months I will be posting unreleased patterns, updating the free pattern section, and more. What I can tell you is....every one of my patterns on Ravelry are now free!

It would have been nice to continue on trying to get them to sell, but I am not the type of person to chase people around begging for them to buy. So, instead I am going to go with my own personality and provide them for free. I want everyone to enjoy my patterns. I want them to be used and loved by many people instead of bought and coveted by the few.

Here's the link to my Ravelry shop! If you have viewed the pattern, here's your chance since they are FREE!!



What this means is that all my future patterns will also be free. There will be a post on the website, Ravelry upload, and a page dedicated to the pattern on this blog.

Another change is that I will no longer have Craftsy or Facebook. The only place you will be able to find my patterns is this blog and Ravelry. It is just two of many difficult decisions I had to make, but in the long run will be a positive for me as a crafter, as a writer, and for my fans.

Please don't think I will stop posting. I will continue to craft and essentially update my blog to showcase what I make. It just won't be scheduled and 4 days of the week! Even a super woman needs a crafting break!

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment