Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Card

I mentioned in my previous PB cup post today that it is my hubby's birthday. In my crafting last week, I managed to covertly make him a birthday card to go with his surprise peanut butter cups made by my roommate and myself. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time figuring out "manly" cards. It is not like my husband is picky, but the paper I usually buy is not the right color scheme for men. I do have some fishing paper and such, but I have YET to see my husband with a fishing pole. I would be more likely to pick one up than him. LOL!

Recently, I purchased two new paper packs. One of them was a 6x6 pack and the other was a 4x7 pack. In the 6x6 pack, I found a blue streaked paper that seemed like a good choice to use. It is on the darker side, which meant I could use black as a mat and a ribbon (yep...ribbon for a man). What I added as an afterthought seems weird in hindsight, but...I did make the card with love.

I am not going to provide any dimensions or instructions on this card. I am just sharing something I made. It may provide some inspiration for that man in your life.

Here it is:


What I love about this is I chose to put the ribbon at an angle. It creates a unique look. Whether he likes it or not, I made it with my heart and lots of love.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment