Saturday, February 14, 2015

Another Scrappy Saturday - V-day Cards for Kids

Happy Valentine's Day! What a great day for Scrappy Saturday to fall on! I am sure that you are more than ready for the holiday to be over. Don't worry...by the time today is done Easter will have already made its way onto the store shelves. It is getting a bit crazy. And that is coming from a woman who loves holidays. On to today's project...

Okay. I will admit readily that not everything used in these cards are scraps, but some of it is. So it qualifies by a hair. Right?

My inspiration? Well...love and hearts. (gasp) Of course...to match the holiday.

What is the one thing that you might forget to purchase for your children on V-day? Well, that would be small cards to give away for their class. I remember a time when we actually made the cards to give to each other. Only the richer students purchased cards, but I was super happy to get the homemade ones. So when I was thinking of a quick and easy Scrappy Saturday project, this was it! Who wouldn't enjoy making these?


Materials:
Paper cutter
Scissors
Roller tape
Scrap sheets of plain colored card stock (I used red, dark red, pink, and blue)
Scrap sheets of designer paper (I used hearts)
An I love you stamp or similar Valentine's stamp
A (To and From) stamp
Things to embellish if you wish


Dimensions

Plain Colored Card stock - 4 x 2 1/2
Designer Paper - 3 3/4 x 2 1/4

1. Cut all paper first. I made 8 pretty quickly. These are so small that you can make a bunch up with ease.



2. Turn the plain colored card stock over and stamp with the To and From stamps. At this time, also stamp the designer paper with your V-day stamp of choice. Mine is an I (heart) you stamp.


3.  With roller tape, adhere the designer paper to the backing.


4. Congrats, you can embellish now if you wish.






I did choose to embellish with some heart puffy stickers, ribbon, glitter tape, and rhinestones.



Here they are finished. The center one is partly ripped because I pulled too hard on the ribbon. I do not have children, so these are heading to my little nieces and nephews for a surprise piece of mail from Aunt Sarah. But you do not have to use ribbon to embellish. The point is to create quick and easy V-day cards for your child's class. You can go a step further and stamp the outside with an open stamp that they can color! Let your children help!



Happy Valentine's Day
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment