Thursday, October 2, 2014

12 Weeks of Christmas - Week 1

Week 1
Stocking Ornament

As I attempted to create a balanced list of ornaments that represented the holidays for me, I came across this 2011 pattern by Daisy & Her Things - a cute little Christmas stocking! How could you not fall in love with this little guy or girl if you like? I am sure I made it previously, so I can be sure that this pattern is easy for all levels of skill.


Project Type: Scrap buster

Skill level: Easy/Beginners

Hook Size: G or H hook (I used H.)

Type of Yarn: Worsted Weight - I used Red Heart in Paddy Green, Cherry Red, Medium Thyme and Burgundy. 

Uses for finished product
  • a small gift holder
  • an ornament
  • for small candies
  • hiding candies on the tree
  • a gift for someone special


This is a quick pattern that can be used to hide candies or other small trinkets on the Christmas tree. My mother in law use to do this with her sons when they were young. I have no experience with it as a child, but my husband has told me stories of finding tiny kisses and other things hidden on the tree almost like an Advent calendar activity.

Please check back on Monday to see the finished product. If you want to participate in this activity and submit a picture, please email them to dandecreation@gmail.com with a name and a photo. I will add them to the blog to share.

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment