Thursday, October 9, 2014

12 Weeks Christmas - Week 2

Week 2
Crochet Mitten

This little pattern is my own pattern that I offer free on my Ravelry page. Despite not being updated yet to the new format of my patterns, it has all the important information like materials and abbreviations. If you have any questions about how this pattern is written or if any instructions are unclear for you, please contact me at dandecreation@gmail.com. I will contact you as soon as I am able to help you!



Project Type: Scrap buster

Skill level: Easy/Beginners

Hook Size: H or I hook (I used H.)

Type of Yarn: Worsted Weight - I used Red Heart in Paddy Green, Cherry Red, Medium Thyme and Burgundy. 

Uses for finished product
  • gift
  • ornament for tree
  • hiding small candies
  • hiding a ring
Like the stocking ornament in Week 1, this ornament has an open top that allows you to hide small objects on the tree for a "Hide and Seek" game. Not only does this add a little more fun to your holiday, but after the game is finished, you have a beautiful ornament on your tree.

There are many ways to embellish this pattern. You could sew on sequins or other beads. You could use extra yarn and sew a pattern into the main colored portion.

Look for the reveal on October 13, 2014.

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment