Saturday, September 27, 2014

12 Week Countdown to Christmas

Hello blog readers! If you are reading this, you may be searching for the perfect holiday craft to create for someone you love or for yourself. I know that as the days tick by and creep closer to Christmas that I begin loosing days I can craft toward my goal - a true homemade Christmas. Perhaps I inherited the gene, but sometimes I end up too stressed or busy to accomplish the goals I set each year regarding gifts and purchase some in the weeks leading up to the holidays. This year, I am preparing!

Beginning October 2nd, I will be posting a new ornament to crochet that should be usable by any skill level. The patterns I choose may be free and some may not be; however, the respective owners need to receive all credits. Please respect everyone and keep the patterns free by not copying and giving credit to the people who deserve it.

Throughout the weeks, this blog post will be updated to include every week of the countdown for an easy way to view the entire list. I will also label every post with Christmas Countdown. This new event will replace both the Make it Monday posts and the Throwback Thursdays posts.

I am so excited to be able to bring this countdown to you.

Here's how it works


  • On Thursday, I will be providing a post that includes a link to the pattern and my goals for the end result. This will include a list of all materials necessary to complete the product.
  • On Monday, I will post a picture of the finished product and my thoughts on the pattern or any changes or embellishments I did.


If you happen to want to participate by sending in photos, please do so by sending them to dandecreation@gmail.com. Remember to post a good photo and the name you want to be known by. I will post the pictures on my blog to show!

It is that simple! I post the pattern. I make the product. And I am one step closer (and you) to giving them as gifts around Christmas.



Planning on participating?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment