Thursday, October 23, 2014

What I am working on....

Despite a few hours in the hospital this morning where I witnessed my nephew being born, I have accomplished a few things for a photo shoot on Monday. It was completely unplanned. You know how that goes. I am left here scrambling and crocheting my little fingers off to try and get things accomplished for Monday.

I will be quite honest. I did not have much of a plan in place. He was born during fall. It is my favorite season. It also is my birthday season, so I chose a "fall" type scene. Who doesn't love fall leaves, pumpkins, and pine cones? Well, my goal tonight was to try and get started once I decided the theme.

What I accomplished in the space of a few hours (minus the bit I took to cook) wasn't as much as I wanted, but it was a start. I could always wait a few weeks to take pictures, but I really wanted to newborn phase.

Here are the photos:


The pumpkin pattern can be found here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-pumpkins

As you can see the pumpkins are not quite finished. I haven't done the stems or leaves. One thing I am not doing though is trying to create the sections with the yarn in the big one. It seems like a lot of work to make a small little yarn needle go through that. If it were a real pumpkin, it would be 2-4 pounds!


The maple leaf pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/maple-leaf-8
The Elm leaf pattern: http://www.fiberfluxblog.com/2014/10/free-crochet-patternone-round-fall.html

Okay...I will admit. The Elm leaf pattern snagged my attention because it said one round. The designer has two other types of leaves, but it was so tiny that I would have to make TONS to do what I want even with a size H hook. 

The maple leaf pattern though...oh it's perfect! It works up super quick. I did have to keep reading the pattern, but after a few of these I might begin to remember it. As you can see from the following photos, I am doing them in orange (carrot) and green (medium thyme) for now. My plans are to crochet them in burgundy and a medium brown.





If you are planning a fall scene, please use these patterns! They are all quick and easy for a beginner. And let's face it, they would look darn cute on a Thanksgiving table!

Happy Crafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment