Monday, October 27, 2014

12 Weeks of Christmas - Week 4 Reveal

This week's pattern was super fun for me. I absolutely LOVE snowmen and chose my colors to match the majority of my ornaments - cherry red and white.

Additional Notes about Pattern:

  • Some suggestions if you have come here and not followed the pattern. Be sure to stuff your snowman as you go. It is difficult to maintain shape. I was able to stuff more into the head after Rnd 7.
  • Overfill each section so you do not regret the shape after you have finished.
  • The project lasts about 30 minutes from start to finish for me. That time will vary depending on your crochet speed.
Now, I personally did some changes to the pattern to suit what I wanted. First, I did not put a face on my snowman. I like the just plain look, and I don't have to worry about small beads falling off and my cats eating them! Secondly, I put a hanger on the top of mine with a ch 16. Instead of weaving in the ends, I added a bow that seems to suit it. Lastly, I did only one row on my scarf so that it was a thinner scarf. I like it better.

Here's the photo:



As you can see, it is cute as a button without the face and hat as well.

I want to suggest that you change the pattern to suit what you want. If you don't want a face, don't do one. If you want a smaller snowman, do so! Make the pattern fit what you need.

Looking forward to Week 5,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment