Friday, October 24, 2014

12 Weeks of Christmas - Failure Reveal

Oh boy! This pattern was a brain teaser. I am a pretty good pattern reader. I have no issue with seeing mistakes and even correcting them, but this pattern needs a serious re-evaluation by Lion Brand. I have left a message stating as much on their Facebook page. Despite the issues I had with the pattern, I do feel like the ornament turned into an alright ornament.

What I did to create my ornament:
  • Because I was using a thicker yarn, I chose not to double strand.
  • I stuffed the pattern as I went.
  • I shaped as I went as well because the bottom portion was leaning as I crocheted the second portion.
  • I almost stopped after the second portion was shaped. It would make a cute ornament.
  • I decided that the H hook was too large for this pattern, even if it is my favorite hook. The sc2tog holes were slightly large leaving the stuffing for viewing.

Because of the issues, I probably will never use this pattern again.



What do you think?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment