Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Early Christmas

Okay...I admit.  I always seem to want to create Christmas in any month by crafting or purchasing discounted Christmas presents.  What can I say?  I love saving money.  And with such a large family to purchase for, it is awesome to save money.  This is the year I wanted to make a majority of the gifts I give.  A tall order for sure!  But one of the ways I have decided to provide that gift giving is by providing each family with a set of crocheted Christmas ornaments.

I have searched pattern after pattern and blog after blog looking for the perfect ornaments.  Some of them have not been living up to my standards.  So I just improvise and make my own.  Here are two such examples:



The Christmas stocking ornament!  It is open at the top so little (maybe sparkly) gifts can be slipped inside.



Mittens!  This one has yet to be attached to a second.  This is just the prototype of my pattern.  It is also open on the top. 

There was a tradition in my husband's family each year.  Certain ornaments would have a candy hidden in them.  The children were allowed to pick an ornament and see if there was a candy in it.  I think this is a cute idea.  For those families who prefer not to give out candy or chocolate, the stocking provides enough room to put a different reward like crayons or chalk.

These will probably be available in my Etsy shop around October for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment