Saturday, December 10, 2011

MORE Barbie Thrift Madness

I have been hit with the lucky stick.  My nieces asked for one thing for Christmas...A barbie house.  Obviously I wanted to create one using two cardboard boxes, contact paper, and paint...but...my 2 year old niece would tear into it.  LOL!  Either way...I have been on the lookout for all things Barbie so I could provide a fun gift this year.  The first day I began looking I found 3 barbies, 1 stacie, and 1 horse. :)

I couldn't stop there.  I went back to the same place a week later and BAM!  There it was.  A Barbie house.  It wasn't in perfect condition.  It is missing stuff, but there was also tons of furniture to go with it.  A fireplace and mantle.  A bed.  Two adorable diningroom chairs.  2 desks.  Just a lot.  I got it all for 15 dollars...with two more barbies and 2 horses. :)

We also stopped by four thrift shops in Greeneville, TN today and I found 6 more Barbies including the 2 skipper dolls I have been looking for and another stacie doll.  I was happy for what I found.  I even have enough to give for the next two years.  All I need to do is develop some themes and inexpensive accessories to give with them.

Here are the themes I have thought of:

Camping
Indian
Fantasy

What do you think?  Is there a theme that would make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment