Saturday, May 31, 2014

Share it Saturday - A wave in the Ocean....

This week I wanted to share with you a baby blanket I am crocheting. I received the idea when my baby sister said she was pregnant with her first and her theme was the ocean. (She changed her mind - maybe.) So I figure it's okay to share it right now. I don't believe she is reading this, but it's okay if she is. It's not such a huge surprise.

What I started with is a ripple pattern from Attic24. Any crocheter should know who she is. You can find the pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/neat-ripple-pattern. It is a free pattern. I did it with the clusters she provides, but I extended until I got a length I thought appropriate.

I am using Red Heart in Warm Brown, White, Light Blue, Blue, and Dark blue. The plan is to create small flat sea turtle motifs to attach to the warm brown (beach) and the white/light blue area (surf) as they are attempting to go into the sea. I am unsure whether to do the blue turtles from Yertle the Turtle by Dr. Suess or green sea turtles.

Either way, my goal is to provide a "turtle" gift set as both follow the "sea" and "Dr. Suess" theme.

Okay...here's the preview:




It is slightly longer than a baby blanket should be. I wanted it to also be toddler size so my sister and her husband can get more use out of it. The white replicates the waves. And as you can see, I have not gotten too far along on the blanket. I have until September before the craze to get it finished hits. I believe that I have 15 rows of the sand and plan on doing 15-20 for each of the sea colors.

If it looks horrible in the end (which I don't think it will), I always have a turqua and yellow baby blanket finished which is also toddler size. LOL!

What are you working on?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment