Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Jewelry

I have heard that a lot of crochet craft booths end up having a lot of jewelry for sale.  In the last week, I decided to give it a try.  The first thing I created was a rose ring.


It was super easy to make!  And the cuteness factor is out of this world!

Yes it's July, but I have decided I will talk about Christmas since it's 6 months away.  My little sister, who is modeling, told me that she wanted some crochet jewelry for Christmas.  Since this is my first attempt at crocheting jewelry, I was hoping that it would be a quick and painless.

Because the ring was simple and easy, I felt like jumping into another portion of jewelry making with crochet: earrings.  This one requires size 10 cotton thread and super SUPER small needles.  Small enough that I can barely see the hook portion.  Another first: working with small needles.

After trial and error using the size 7 needle, I gave up on using one so small.  (Yes, I know...Quitter.)  But the needle was too small and cramping my hand.  I shifted the needle to a size 1.  It was slightly bigger and worked just as well.

This is the two sets of earrings I have created out of a beautiful green and red sparkly thread.






Sorry for the black grid.  This is what I am going to use to display them on my booth.

I say that it is a great first try.  Needs some work, but those flower ones are so adorable even I would wear them.  Keep watching my etsy store.  You may find different colors of that flower one available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment