Monday, January 6, 2014

Cozy in Bed

It is in the quiet of the morning that I usually like to take time for myself - without much distraction.  I can think on what I want to accomplish and plan for the future.  The cats are usually quiet.  The house settled into just creaks.  This morning...at 5:38 a.m., I am curled up in bed under the covers because of the snow.  At the base of the beautiful Smoky Mountains, we tend to get a lot of snow in January.  We can pass Thanksgiving with just a flurry.  We can even pass Christmas without a speck of white.  Yet, the moment the calendar flips to January 1, our winter season truly starts.  For a week we have experienced ice, snow, rain, warm weather, rain, ice, snow, and freezing weather.

Tonight...it is the latter part.  It is still dark out, but here are a few pictures of our beautiful snow.  I have mastered how to take snow pictures.



Without a doubt though, I am still trying to stay warm and thinking of the future.  And realizing that 6 a.m. has come way too early.  Tonight, I apparently have been in curriculum making mode.  No...I do not have any children, but I have a degree in Elementary Education and LOVE making worksheets, lesson plans, and fun units as something fun to do.  People have movies.  I have making worksheets.

*shrugs shoulders* What are you gonna do?

I have been thinking about offering homeschool resources as I make them!  Is there anyone out there that would like that?




No comments:

Post a Comment